ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR - HILLEL AT DAVIS AND SACRAMENTO
Overview of Role:
Hillel at Davis and Sacramento is seeking a dynamic and creative Engagement Director to join our close-knit, professional team. We are looking for someone with contagious passion, entrepreneurial energy, superb organizational and communication skills, and a commitment to Jewish life. Our Hillel is the perfect place to direct innovative, cutting edge programs for a large, diverse Jewish student body.
The Engagement Director oversees most programmatic aspects of our Hillel's activities, ensuring vibrant Jewish life on campus through program initiation and facilitation, leadership development, and personal interactions with students. S/he ensures that various avenues are pursued to engage Jewish students, and makes every effort to create a warm, welcoming atmosphere. The Engagement Director encourages students to explore their Jewish identity and develop leadership skills that last a lifetime.
What You’ll be Responsible for:
- Planning, facilitating, and evaluating a variety of programs and initiatives
- Ensuring that all aspects of programming are functioning smoothly (from logistics to content) and are
congruent with our overall programmatic vision
- Coordinating program publicity
- Monitoring program budgets Recruiting, training, and supervising student leaders and interns
- Supporting student-initiated programs and serving as a Jewish resource to students and groups on campus
- Identifying uninvolved/under-involved student populations and developing strategies for contacting and
- Attending numerous programs (some during evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Representing Hillel on campus with students, as appropriate, as well as within the wider community
- Serving as a liaison to the local Jewish community and university organizations, especially with regards to
- Working collaboratively with the Executive Director to actively seek out and help prepare grant proposals,
particularly for programmatic initiatives
A Typical Day May Include:
- Facilitating a brainstorming session with student leaders to develop creative ways to engage new students
- Meeting with colleagues to discuss exciting programming and marketing ideas
- Having coffee with a student who has expressed interest in becoming more involved in Hillel
- Attending the Interfaith Campus Council to plan a joint community service project
What You’ll Bring to the Job:
- A bachelor’s degree, and preferably an advanced degree
- 2+ years of professional experience in Jewish, experiential or higher education, including a successful track
record in program design, implementation and oversight
- Passion and prior experience working in the Jewish community or with Jewish college students.
- A moderate to strong Jewish knowledge base, and a willingness to work with students from a variety of
- Creativity, flexibility, initiative, and excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- The ability to work independently, and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment where prioritizing,
multitasking, organization and attention to detail are essential
What You’ll Receive:
- A competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace, based on experience
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, pension plan, life insurance, Long Term
Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities
- Please apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
- New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
- Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and
password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.